who is take the lead?
TAKE THE LEAD is a 501C-3 organization, established in 2014 by Gloria Feldt and Amy Litzenberger, with offices in NY and AZ, and a global reach.
Our mission is to prepare, develop, inspire and propel women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors by 2025. Yes, 2025!
We started Take The Lead to solve the problem that women hold less than 20 percent of top leadership positions, regardless of sector — a number that hasn’t moved much in 20 years.
In three years, we’ve reached over 1 million women with free resources, virtual and live trainings, mentoring, and role modeling that ensure women set and have the tools to achieve higher intentions for themselves and their communities or organizations.
WHAT IS TAKE THE LEAD DAY?
Developed by Take The Lead — a national nonprofit dedicated to advancing women to leadership parity by 2025 — Take The Lead Day is a global day of action, taking place on November 14, 2017. From the conference room to the living room, thousands of women will participate in skill-based workshops, interactive discussions and virtual events to gain the practical change tools needed to lead for themselves, their families and their communities. This day of action will include:
- In-person workshops and interactive events in cities across the US
- Virtual events (webinars, panel discussions and Q&A sessions)
- Live-streamed workshops, speakers and performances
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE?
Because we can’t do it alone and we know that when women lead, we all win. With your support as a Take The Lead Day partner, more women will gain access to the tools, resources, mentorship and thought leadership needed to take their fair and equal share of leadership roles, resulting in a healthier and more equitable world for all. The time for women to lead is NOW.
HOW CAN you GET INVOLVED?
- ATTEND an in-person workshop near you— click here to search events
- PARTICIPATE in a virtual event — click to search webinars, online salons, panel discussions and Q&A sessions
- REGISTER to host your own event (Q&A, workshop or watch party) or live stream the day in your community, office or home
- SHARE resources, the Action Kit and other helpful information about Take The Lead Day 2017 in your networks and on social media
- COMPLETE your own Take The Lead Personal Power Plan