Take The Lead Day FAQ
Q: who can participate in take the lead day ?
A: You — and every champion of women's leadership parity across the world! On one day— November 14, individuals, organizations and communities will come together to take part in a global day of action to ensure women have the knowledge, abilities and confidence to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions by 2025.
Q: where is take the lead day taking place?
A: Take The Lead Day events are WORLDWIDE and taking place in living rooms, board rooms and coffee shops across the globe. The half day Powertopia Symposium and Women, Power and The Art of Leadership Parity evening reception will be taking place in New York City and live streamed.
Q: What kind of events are taking place during take the lead day ?
A: Take The Lead Day will include the following types of events in cities across the globe:
- Free in-person workshops + events (such as live interactive Q&A sessions, panel discussions or live streaming/watch parties)
- Free virtual workshops + events (such as live webinars, interactive Q&A sessions or recorded presentations)
- The Powertopia Leadership Symposium (taking place in New York City, the event offers five different workshops with an interactive panel and live Q&A, free live stream is available worldwide)
- The Women, Power and the Art of Leadership Parity Reception (taking place in New York City, the event will be live streamed worldwide.
Q: Can I host my own event?
A: Yes — absolutely! From live Q&A sessions at your community center or local coffee shop to live-streamed webinars, to workshops or watch parties, you can participate in Take The Lead Day in a multitude of ways. To get started, determine which event type is right for you by using the Take The Lead Day Action Kit and then REGISTER your event here.
Q: HOW CAN I SEE IF THERE ARE EVENTS NEAR ME?
A: You can use the Find An Event Near You search bar to search by city or event type.
q: how does event registration work?
A: Once you have submitted your event online, a member of the Take The Lead Day team will create your event's unique registration page for you to manage. As soon as it's complete, you'll receive an email from the team with the link and directions on how to manage your event page. If you have questions about your event's page, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: will ALL my EVENT information be public?
A: Only events that have been selected as "public" will have information such as location, etc. available on the event website. All private events will only list host name, event type, city, and title. Event hosts for private events — such as an internal company event or a gathering at a home — will receive all event registration information and manage the event participants and confirmations directly.
Q: Who are some of the confirmed workshop presenters or speakers?
A: We are confirming new workshop presenters and speakers daily. Here is a list of some of our confirmed presenters:
- Gloria Steinem, Ms. Foundation Founder and Activist
- Staceyann Chin, Spoken-Word Poet, Performing Artist
- Kathleen Turner, Award-winning Actress and Activist
- Georgene Huang, CEO & Co-Founder of Fairygodboss
- Katica Roy, CEO of Pipeline Equity
- Carrie Hammer, CEO Role Models Not Runway Models
- Eileen Carey, CEO & Founder of Glassbreakers
Q: how do i get the live stream link?
A: After you've registered your event to be a live stream host or signed up as a participant, you'll get the live stream link the morning of November 14, 2017 by email. It will also be available on this website and on our Facebook page.
q: I think my company may be interested in being a sponsor or partner — who do i contact?
A: Fantastic news! We'd love to hear from you — email email@example.com for more information.
Q: Where can I download graphics for my event?
A: Right here —> check out the Event Resources page.
q: I still have questions — who can i contact?
A: Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.